Welcome to the Career Exploration Office!
The Career Exploration Office, a division of the Career Development Center, guides students in pursuing majors and careers consistent with their interests, skills, values and personality. Through career counseling, self-assessment, and exploration, students are engaged and motivated to broaden their understanding of themselves and their fit in a variety of career and life settings in the global economy and community.
Major and Career Exploration Workshops
Register for Strong Interest Inventory workshops to discover how your interests fit into majors and careers.
Register for MBTI workshops to discover how your personality fits into majors and careers.
- ATTEND an AppState, regional or national professional organization workshop and/or conference within your major.
- UTILIZE careergear.appstate.edu to sign up for on campus interviews and search for jobs.
- RESEARCH company and organization information for your field via Career Gear.
- UPDATE resume to include internship, volunteer, leadership, involvement, part time work and professional organizations.
- ATTEND Career Development Center information sessions, workshops and career fairs.
- MAKE a list of references/professional contacts you have made through internships, volunteering, professional organizations, or part time jobs.
- RESEARCH and conduct site visits to graduate programs.
- TAKE graduate school admissions test (if applicable).
- APPLY to graduate school (if applicable).