Welcome to the Career Exploration Office!
The Career Exploration Office, a division of the Career Development Center, guides students in pursuing majors and careers consistent with their interests, skills, values and personality. Through career counseling, self-assessment, and exploration, students are engaged and motivated to broaden their understanding of themselves and their fit in a variety of career and life settings in the global economy and community.
- ATTEND an AppState, regional or national professional organization workshop and/or conference within your major.
- UTILIZE careergear.appstate.edu to sign up for on campus interviews and search for jobs.
- RESEARCH company and organization information for your field via Career Gear.
- UPDATE resume to include internship, volunteer, leadership, involvement, part time work and professional organizations.
- ATTEND Career Development Center information sessions, workshops and career fairs.
- MAKE a list of references/professional contacts you have made through internships, volunteering, professional organizations, or part time jobs.
- RESEARCH and conduct site visits to graduate programs.
- TAKE graduate school admissions test (if applicable).
- APPLY to graduate school (if applicable).